MECCA has been such an integral part of our self-care rituals for so long, that it’s incredible to discover the brand is only just launching its first official foray into wellness. Well, it’s certainly been worth the wait – MECCALIFE is a month-long campaign that invites you to connect with beauty in a deeper and more meaningful way.
“Our MECCA customers care deeply about wellness,” explains Marita Burke, MECCA Brands Creative Director. “Self-care is an increasingly important tenet of beauty, and in recent years we have witnessed a real blurring of the lines between beauty and wellness. The benefits of a good diet, regular exercise, rest, mindfulness and sleep all contribute toward looking and feeling your best, and that’s what we’re about.”
Self-care is an increasingly important tenet of beauty, and in recent years we have witnessed a real blurring of the lines between beauty and wellness. The benefits of a good diet, regular exercise, rest, mindfulness and sleep all contribute toward looking and feeling your best, and that’s what we’re about.
MECCALIFE recognises the power of beauty to support wellness in six key categories: boosting mood, getting active, creating a sanctuary, sleeping soundly, staying protected, nourishing with superfoods and being conscious.
Get some MECCA wellness in your life
Indulge yourself in a series of rich and immersive experiences – even Gwyneth is dropping in! Events take place online, at MECCA stores across Australia and New Zealand, or with selected wellness partners. Check out the event schedule here, or take a look at our top picks below:
April 27: Breath of Fresh Air – MECCA’s Sydney flagship store literally comes to life with a living art installation that combines air purifying plants with edible herbs in interactive and feel-good ways. (MECCA George Street, NSW).
May 8: Movement Masterclass – A body celebrating movement masterclass hosted by First Nations Choreographer and Dancer, Amrita Hepi. (Humming Puppy Yoga Studio, Prahran VIC)
May 9: Boost Your Mood Workshop – Immerse yourself in energising colour, fragrance and self care rituals that spark joy at our special Mother’s Day event. (Mecca Cosmetica Queens Plaza, QLD)
May 18: Get Active – beauty solutions for an active lifestyle, this in-store experience will get you moving with masterclasses, flash services, product play and sampling. (MECCA Rundle Mall, SA)
May 13: Stay Protected Experience – learn how to protect yourself against environmental stressors including UV, air pollution, blue light and screen exposure. (MECCA Queen Street, NZ)
- April 28: Facebook Live: Sleep Soundly – Get a better night’s sleep for your body, mind, memory and creativity with the experts from This Works.
- May 4: Self not the Selfie – In Conversation with our MECCALIFE Power Panel led by Grace Tame – incredible women share their different perspectives on wellness, resilience and finding their sense of self in today’s digitally dominated society.
- May 5: Facebook Live: Be Conscious – talk sustainable (good-for-the-planet) and clean (good-for you) beauty with our panel of innovative brand founders.
- May 12: Facebook Live: Nourish with Superfoods – where inner beauty meets outer beauty, our panel of experts Donna Hay, Carla Oates and Anthia Koullouros explore the link between beauty and gut health.
- May 19: Facebook Live: Create a Sanctuary – take a virtual trip to Europe with an immersive fragrance tour, followed by a styling masterclass with interior designer, Simone Haag.
- May 21: The Beauty of Wellness: In Conversation with Gwyneth and Gucci – the celebrated founders of GOOP and Westman Atelier discuss how the relationship between beauty
and wellness is more important ever before.
MECCA’s flagship store in Sydney is offering some exclusive wellbeing services from Gwinganna Health Retreat and The Fertility Suite, as well as consults with a naturopath. Across Australia and New Zealand, MECCA’s Beauty Labs are offering 25 new fun, interactive workshop sessions, with new classes dropping each week.
MECCA is expanding its core services with five unique MECCALIFE offerings rolling out in select stores across all states, including makeup lessons, brow lamination, fragrance consultations, signature and express skin facials.
The MECCALIFE campaign launches on April 27 and runs until May 24, 2021. To learn more and book in for services and events visit the MECCALIFE hub.