- SERVES 12
- PREP 15 MIN
- COOK 25 MIN
- 2 cups (240g) buckwheat flour
- 11⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs instant coffee powder
- 2⁄3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 70g walnuts, chopped (extra for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Place coffee and 1/4 cup hot water in a large bowl and whisk until coffee is dissolved. Add almond milk, vanilla, honey, coconut oil, eggs and whisk to combine.
- Stir through flour and walnuts. Divide mixture between muffin cases, top with extra walnuts and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve 1 muffin as a snack. Store remainder in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or frozen individually for future snacks for up to 3 months.
Find more recipes like this on Tiffiny Hall’s health and fitness program TIFFXO.