Hands-on prep time: 15 minutes
I love a muesli bar as much as the next person, but the ones on supermarket shelves often have a number of suspicious ingredients. Try making a batch of these cereal bars instead. Use plain almonds and salt if you prefer them without the smoky flavour.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
200 g (1 cup) pitted prunes, finely chopped
180 g (2/3 cup) natural peanut or almond butter
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
160 g (1 cup) smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
30 g (1 cup) puffed brown rice
30 g (1/4 cup) cacao nibs
40 g (1/4 cup) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
150 g dark chocolate (85% cacao), melted
1 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- Put the coconut oil and prunes in a large wide-based saucepan over low to medium heat and mash with a fork.
- Stir in the nut butter and honey until well combined and gooey.
- Remove from the heat and stir through almonds, puffed rice, cacao nibs and pepitas. Mix well.
- Press the mixture in a layer about 1.5 cm thick into the base of a silicone baking tin or a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate over and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until set (about an hour), then slice into bars.
Refrigerate for up to 1 week; freeze for 3 weeks
The Fit Foodie Meal Prep Plan by Sally O’Neil