There’s no denying, here at ACC we’re achingly in love with chocolate, so this Valentine’s Day we’ve set a date with these Raw Deluxe Double Chocolate Tarts. The best thing? They can be frozen so you can make six now and your chocolate cravings will be sorted forever more. Ok, maybe not forever more but for a descent (unspecified) amount of time.
Delightfully decadent, these chocolate tarts aren’t as naughty as they might first seem. Made on a base of almonds and cashews with good fats a plenty, these tasty morsels won’t be causing any blood sugar spikes. Containing antioxidants from cacao, zero refined sugars as well as no gluten or dairy, this vegan chocolate dessert is a healthy yet satisfying alternative.
Raw desserts are in most part, very easy to make. So long as you have a food processor or high speed blender they are a piece of cake (don’t mind the pun) to make.
Raw Deluxe Double Chocolate Tart
Makes 6 mini tarts
¾ cup almonds
¾ cup desiccated coconut
8 medjool dates
1/3 cup cacao powder
5 tbs extra virgin coconut oil
2 ½ cups cashews, soaked overnight
1/3 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
¾ cup cacao powder
3 tbs drinking coconut milk (not tinned)
- Place all ingredients for the base into a food processor and blend until very well combined and mixture is sticky.
- Place 6 mini tart tins onto a tray and divide mixture evenly between them. Press the mixture down firmly for each tart, so that it covers the base and the sides.
- Move tray to the freezer to harden while the filling is being made.
- In the food processor, add all of the ingredients for the filling. Blend until very smooth.
- Remove tart bases from the freezer. Using a piping bag and a medium sized piping nozzle, pipe the filling into each tart base, moving in a circular fashion.
- These tarts are best stored in the freezer and taken out 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with cacao nibs and rose petals.