The gorgeous Jessica Sepel shares one of her favourite dishes, just in time for Christmas! Add a twist on tradition with this oh-so-easy, one pan Salmon dish.
Full of healthy fats, nutrients from the greens and low-GI sweet potato – it’s the most complete nutritional – and tasty meal – that guests will love!
4 salmon fillets, organic
1 bunch broccolini
2 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp coconut oil (or spray)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup tamari sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp honey (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200° (180° if fan-forced).
2. Chop sweet potato into rounds (1-2cm in thickness). Arrange on a lined baking tray, leaving room for salmon and broccolini, and drizzle with coconut oil or spray. Sprinkle sesame seeds and sea salt. Add to oven for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make the marinade by whisking all marinade ingredients in a bowl until combined.
4. Remove semi-cooked sweet potato from oven and add broccolini to tray. Spray broccolini with coconut oil and another sprinkle of rock salt.
5. Place salmon fillets in the middle of the baking tray, surrounded by broccolini and sweet potato, and drizzle over marinade. Add to oven for 12-15 minutes.
6. Remove cooked salmon, broccolini and sweet potato from oven. Serve with brown rice, if desired.
Looking for more delicious and healthy recipes for the silly season? Check out Jess’ 8-week online Program here!