These scrumptious cookies are made using gluten free oats, are refined sugar free and dairy free making them the perfect healthy substitute for one of your Aussie favs.
1 cup oats (For gluten free use Bob’s Red Mill GF Oats)
1 cup flaked almonds
1 cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil
½ tsp bi-carbonate soda.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Place oats, almonds and coconut in a high speed food processor or blender and pulse for a few seconds or until ingredients have been well combined.
- In a saucepan on low heat; mix the coconut oil, honey and golden syrup. Mix the bi-carb soda with a tablespoon or water and add to saucepan. Mixing until contents are bubbly and start to froth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the food processor with cookie mixture and pulse altogether until well combine and mixture starts to stick.
- Roll into 12 balls and squash down on a lined baking tray, cooking for around 25 minutes.
- After 10 minutes or so the cookies should be nice and golden on top, place baking paper over the top to prevent burning and continue to cook for the remaining time.